Checklist of Home Selling in Las Vegas
- Go over your finances to prepare for sale-related expenses.
- Consult with real-estate, tax, and legal professionals for guidance about the sale process.
- Resolve any known problems with your home before a home inspection uncovers them.
Develop a home-selling plan
- Evaluate market conditions to make sure you’re selling at a good time.
- Consider using a REALTOR® to sell your home for you. He or she will help you set a sales price, market your home, and nalize the sale.
Evaluate these areas and repair if necessary
- HVAC systems
- Doors, windows
- Interior and exterior paint
- Outdoor drainage systems and roof Driveway, walkways
- (Note: If you’re working with a real estate agent, you can skip the price your home and market your home sections. )
Price your home
- Have your home appraised.
- Evaluate the market and price accordingly.
Market your home
- Obtain necessary purchase contract forms; ask attorney to review them.
- Determine contingencies and other contract terms.
- Advertise via online listings and “for sale” signs. You may consider print listings as well.
- Show the house through open houses and walk- throughs.
- Negotiate an offer; ask attorney to review it. Sign a purchase contract with the buyer.
Close the sale
- Work with an escrow company or attorney to administer the closing.
- Deliver the legally required disclosure documents to the buyer, including title.
- Meet required inspections.
- Receive loan commitment letter from buyer.
- Arrange to pay o the existing mortgage(s).
- Pay all closing fees.
- Consult a tax advisor to determine tax implications of the sale.